Tuesday 28 February 2012

meaning in meaningless

my desk is a guddle
I took a photo of it
but it's too bad to share!
somewhere in all of that guddle is my life:
my work
and my leisure
my family
and my friends
my worship
and my praise
all wrapped up in a big guddle:
a pile of papers and books and notes and bills and ideas and photos and pens and pencils and stationery
and what does it all mean?

today I was reading Ecclesiastes: "Meaningless!! Meaningless! Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless!" when you read Ecclesiastes it's really, really important to stick with it, not to stop at the introduction and the assertion that all is meaningless...
get to the end and the Teacher declares his conclusion: remember God, keep his commands, for this is the whole duty of humanity.

My desk may be a guddle - but my life is full and marvellous and in all that meaninglessness there is meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment