Thursday 24 September 2020

Time... where did it go?!

 I have a photo frame on my dressing table; it's one of those that's a kind of book fold, so you can have two pictures side by side.

In it, I have two pictures of my three sons, in the first, is the oldest and youngest, the one holding the other, they are about 9 & 2 in that shot. The other, my middle boy, is gazing towards them, he would be 7 I guess. There were taken on the same day, and they were either end of a sofa. A moment, captured in time. 

I have many, many photographs of my boys over the years, they are now, 36, 34 and 29... I'm not entirely sure how that happened - because surely I'm still only in my 30s too?! 

We have a couple things we do when taking pictures on the rare occasions I get them all together: we recreate previous photos, and I have a gallery of those, all framed and hanging on the upstairs landing... my boys, from babies to men. The other thing we do, which began when they were grumpy teens: is what we called catalogue poses. They didn't know how to stand, or felt awkward, or just messed about. One of them, (probably middle boy) came up with the idea of a catalogue pose, and they immediately struck a pose, SNAP! it was done, captured for all time. 

Photos of my boys; of my beloved; of my siblings; of my nieces and nephews; of my parents, of good friends and happy occasions are all hung and displayed around my home. Reminders of love, of connection, of ties that hold us all together. 

They give me joy.

They remind me, we are never alone. We have each other. We are loved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment