Friday 20 April 2012

Silence and Solitude

Having just spent three days in the hallowed environs of Dunkeld Cathedral; listening to Ian Bradley wax lyrical about Pilgrimage I am feeling somewhat chilled.
This retreat/conference is an annual affair and to which I was invited by a dear friend. There were short lectures followed by an equal amount of silence and solitude. A chance to wander and wonder on what had been heard and what our own response was. This made for a very relaxing way to learn.
I left feeling relaxed, informed and nourished, such a refreshing change when often one returns from conferences with an information overload and needing a holiday to recover.
Now - to write; to read; to consider
I have a further 10 days of study leave - time to reflect and plan what I might put into a doctorate proposal - and indeed the thesis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment