Wednesday 9 May 2012

Unexpected Blessings....

"I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and Wait for the Lord" (Ps 27: 13-14)

This morning feeling a little weary and fragile I prayed for inspiration and strength;
out of the blue came a text: did I have 10 mins to spare?
and later on, came an answer to a wee difficulty I have been tussling with:
what joy! How amazing is our God!!
Psalm 27 tells us, reminds us to seek God's face.
So often as we seek God in the 'proper' places we
 overlook that which is right in front of us.
In ministry there is a huge temptation to be all things to all people
we are burdened with the job description of all round skills
frequently we are our own worst enemies: instead of practising the art of delegation, helping others to exercise thier gifts we struggle on, trying to be "Jill of all Trades"
(for we.... substitute I....)
today - I discovered that in being honest about the things I find hard to do, God put exactly the right person in my path, at exactly the right time
Our God is an Awesome God!!





No comments:

Post a Comment