Thursday 20 November 2014

Making a list checking it twice

Midweek Musing for Sunday 23rd November
Jeremiah 7:1-11 

It’s that time of year again
Advent is fast approaching
The shops have gone all out Christmas
And I am driven to write and rewrite lists on a daily basis

I got stuck with an earworm this week, even though I actually didn’t hear the song, I saw the words, and there it was, stuck in my head, relentlessly wheeling round and round –
You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town!
Gosh – it’s still November! Get thee behind me!

However.... all of this was actually triggered by Jeremiah’s prophecy,
God is watching, stop your bad behaviour!
God is watching – be good for goodness sake!

Thus the earworm...
The funny thing was looking at the actual words of the song – it does parallel with what Jeremiah is telling the people; if you think you can hide away, don’t!
If you think your public behaviour on the Sabbath is enough – think again!
If you think because you go to God’s temple that is enough – you need a reality check!
He knows when you are sleeping; he knows when you’re awake; he knows if you’ve been bad or good – so be good – for GOODNESS SAKE!






No comments:

Post a Comment