Friday 28 November 2014

That Picture challenge again....

I had such fun sharing old B&W pictures last week; and discovering a bit more about my family that as promised here are some more that didn't make it to the 5 Days, or the initial blog... 

First is my grandparents, I think, before they were married (no ring on Grandma's hand) so possibly 1930 or so... 




Grandpa was one of five, and this is the wedding of one of his sisters, Mildred - known to me as Aunty Mil, to Sidney - known to me as Uncle Sid. I have memories of going on the train to visit them. My sister and I travelled there, and stayed over - and I remember the shock and thrill of a bed prewarmed by an electric blanket - such decadence! 

 

Next come two beautiful women, both aged around 18 but at very different times: Aunty Chris in 1928, and my mum in the late 1940s or early 50s. 

             

Two women who have been so very important my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment